“When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men and women are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”**
When it becomes obvious that we are ruled by two corrupt primary political parties, Democrat and Republican, and when it becomes obvious that they are both totally controlled by corporatist influences, then it becomes necessary to oppose this force of evil. The only solutions become one of dissolution of the two party system, enabling “third” parties to enter the political arena and halt this total control of corporate power and greed, or to encourage an overthrow of our system.
I, therefore, pledge myself to the following:
1. Cease and desist giving any support, monetary, voice and deed to support either the Democrat and Republican Party and to cease voting for a candidate because they run under these labels.
2. Commit to supporting socioeconomic movements which promote the common good and the common welfare which are “non partisan” with respect to these two parties.
3. Commit to building “third party” efforts which represent principles and values and offer solutions to serious societal problems based upon facts and accurate data combined with empathy and social conscience.
4. Commit to my responsibility to inform myself and others of civic related activities in which all might participate.
5. Commit to supporting the Constitution of the U.S. with its Amendments which will continue to guarantee us a (democratic) Republic as designed by the Founders.
I am a willing signatory of this document and will display it proudly and share my decision with others in all ways possible, including the internet and social media.
** From the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.