by Thomas Baldwin, Biloxi, MS
May 3, 2014
I have submitted this petition to the Causes site and and requested a petition to be issued. Stay tuned and be ready to sign it and share broadly. I would like to see thousands of signatures!
12 REASONS WHY THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE SHOULD BE REVOKED FROM BARACK OBAMA
Since the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to President Barack Obama in the Fall of 2009, he has committed several acts which document he never deserved this award in the first place. Here is a list which is a minimum of our grievances:
- Expansion of the war in Afghanistan with over 30,000 additional troops.
- Expansion of the use of Drones for killing “designated enemy combatants.”
- Development of “kill lists” with his personal approval of killing civilians including Americans overseas and leaving open the possibility of doing it within the U.S.
- Signing of NDAA into law with its provisions of indefinitely detaining persons including Americans.
- Failure to disclose numbers of those killed in foreign countries by Drone attacks, including women and children.
- Blatant violations of the sovereignty of other nations including Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan and others.
- Bombing of Libya without Congressional approval.
- Proposal to bomb Syria.
- Supporting the NSA spying on citizenry throughout the world including American citizens and lying about it to Congress in violation of the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution.
- Intervention in the internal affairs of the Ukraine creating a direct confrontation with Russia.
- Intervention in Venezuela creating mass instabilities in that country.
- Continuation of imprisonment in Guantanamo after promising to close it and evidence of more torture even in foreign countries.
We implore that the Nobel Committee revoke Mr. Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize and demand that he be required to return the entirety of the ample sum of money rewarded. He has clearly demonstrated he is not a man of Peace. We maintain that if the Nobel Committee does not do so it’s reputation and credibility will be permanently damaged. Millions of people within the U.S. and throughout the world will take notice.